1. Submit short films that powerfully convey the theme of the campaign (about girls below 18 years of age and in the Indian context). It can include challenges they face at birth and life, at home and in society, their strengths, achievements, and contributions. The films can also focus on exposing false narratives about girls (and boys) or expose the prevalent social evils against girls.
2. Indians of all ages – girls, boys, men, and women, can participate in this contest.
3. Duration: The films should not exceed 5 minutes (including the credits)
4. Language: English or any Indian language. If not in English, must have English subtitles.
5. Genre: No restriction - Can be a documentary/ narrative/ fiction/ non-fiction/ animation.
6. Content: Films must be suitable for viewing by persons of all ages. Films with vulgar and violent language and graphic content will be disqualified.
7. Must include a disclaimer: “No religion, faith, caste, creed, person living, or dead has been harmed.” Credits of the cast and the crew in the film should be provided.
8. Format: The films may be shot and submitted in MPEG4 or AVI format. The recommended ratios are- 16:9 / 16:9 Full Height Anamorphic in DV/HDV. The film can be taken using any camera medium, including a phone camera. Watermarks are unacceptable.
9. Submission: The video must be uploaded on Google Drive or YouTube and should be unlisted or private viewing only, before sharing the URL on the submission form.
10. Participants must agree to all Terms and Conditions (T&C) of the competition.
1. Contestants represent and warrant that:
1. The short- film is original, taken by the entrant and they own the rights to their work;
2. The film does not violate the rights of any third party;
3. The film does not convey a false or misleading impression;
4. Any additional information they submit about the short-film is accurate.
2. The film does not contain any copyrighted material – video or audio, music belonging to third parties. All content in the film (including footage, music, images, props, etc.) are original. Entries containing any unauthorized, and previously submitted content will be disqualified.
3. By submitting their short film to ADF India and its partner organizations for this Contest, all entrants agree to assign the copyright of the film(s) submitted to ADF India and its partner organizations, which includes the right to use the film(s) in any manner and media, including without limitation, the right to publish, adapt, distribute, copy, display or translate in printed or electronic media, even if they are not the winning entries.
4. ADF India reserves the right to grant licenses to its partner organisations (licensee) to use the film(s) submitted during the contest as per terms and conditions mutually agreed upon by ADF India and the licensee.
5. Any film from this contest used by ADF India and its partner organizations shall carry the videographer’s credit line in a format at their sole discretion.
6. Any usage of the film will solely be for the purpose of bringing awareness to the cause of the girl child. In the unlikely event that the film is used for profit, a certain percentage of the profit shall be given to the Contestant which shall be mutually decided between ADF India and the Contestant.
7. By entering the Contest, the Contestant agrees that it is his or her sole responsibility to have obtained all necessary permissions for the grant of the rights contained in Clause 1 above of the Terms and Conditions.
8. By entering the contest, the Contestant releases and holds harmless ADF India and it's campaign partners, from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, cost, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the contest or delivery, non-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional).
9. By entering the Contest, the Contestant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the joint organizers of the Campaign, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.